4K UHD Dolby Vision SACD Blu-ray Player
This universal disc player has been elaborately engineered for the ideal disc playback. The UBR-X110 features extremely rigid construction to achieve high S/N ratio for quality audio and video performance. With support for the spectacular Ultra HD Blu-ray™ format, you can enjoy the beautiful experience with four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD. The UBR-X110 is compatible with the latest Dolby Vision® format that provides a stunning HDR imaging technology with extraordinary color, contrast, and brightness to the screen. Other features include SDR/HDR Preset Mode, SACD/DSD compatibility and dual HDMI output terminals.
Playing SACD discs
Media information on-screen display
Dual HDMI output to separate audio and video and enjoy 4K HDR, while using an older generation non-4K compatible home theater soundbar or amplifier. High-efficiency CD-quality S/PDIF and coaxial digital audio output.
Backlite remote control
- Universal Disc Player – Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, DVD, DVD Audio, SACD, CD
- Dolby Vision
- 36-bit Deep Colour/”x.v.Colour”
- Dual HDMI Output
- Video Adjust
- Backlite Remote Control
- Fast boot
- Multimedia playback (MKV, FLAC, AIFF, MP3, JPG)
- 4K Upscaling – Enhance the home cinema experience by quadrupling Full HD 1080p resolution with 4K (3840 x 2160) upscaling of all video sources.
- True 24p Cinema – Many Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs are encoded at 24 frames per second, the same frequency as the original film screened in theaters. The UBR-X110 maintains the original 24-fps rate straight through to the screen with progressive scanning.
- Dolby Vision® – This stunning HDR imaging technology brings extraordinary color, contrast, and brightness to the screen.
- Video Adjust – Set the brightness, contrast, color saturation, hue, sharpness and noise reduction.
- HDMI Audio Only to get the best audio digital experience
- Ultra-Rigid Construction
- 3 mm Steel Plate Rigid Under Base for Low Noise and Low Centre of Gravity
- Rigid Optical Drive
- Music File Playback: FLAC (2.0/5.1), M4A, AIF, AIFF, DSF (2.0/5.1), DFF (2.0/5.1), MP3, OGG, APE
- Home Theater Audio: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HRA, DTS:X
- HDMI 1 Out for Audio/Video
- HDMI 2 for Audio Only
- Digital Coaxial Out
- Digital Optical Out
- USB In (1 USB 2.0 Front, 1 USB 3.0 Rear)
- Mediatek MTK8581 SoC
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU cluster
- ARM Mali-T860 MP2 GPU
- Power: AC 110-220-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 32 W
- Power Consumption During Standby: 0.45 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 430 x 85 x 300 mm
- Weight: 6.3 Kg / 13.9 lbs
The Reavon UBR-X100 generated detailed bright images with impressive dynamic range and wide color gamut. The processing power of the player’s processor is sufficient not only for accurate rendering of movement on the screen without smearing or blurring, but also for high-quality scaling from Full HD material to 4K settings. As a result, Blu-ray disc movies are only slightly inferior in picture quality to true 4K Ultra HD material. So definitely the Reavon UBR-X100 is capable of giving your Blu-ray movie library a second life.
It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a new 4K Blu-ray player. So, to have the Reavon UBR-X100 in for review, which is not only new but from an entirely new home cinema brand, is something of a double win. ‘Excited’ is only putting it mildly. The Reavon UBR-X100 is one of two launch products from the France-based home cinema company. It’s designed as a universal disc player for DVDs, Blu-rays, 4K Blu-rays, 3D Blu-rays and CDs too, but also comes with the mod-cons of USB and network playback for any photos, videos or music files you might have on your NAS or thumb drive.
This is a digital transport, which means dual HDMI outputs, coaxial and optical outputs, an Ethernet port, and two USB ports but no analogue outputs. If you want those you’ll have to look elsewhere. The X100 can handle most disc types, such as 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, 2D and 3D Blu-ray, DVD and CD, although full DVD-Audio support is subject to a firmware update. Playback is flawless, and 4K discs are delivered without any unnecessary processing, while lower resolution content is expertly upscaled to ensure the optimal image.
I am thrilled to see a new pair of higher-end disc players hit the market—way to go, Reavon! While the UX100 and UX200 lack the refinement and customization options of the now-discontinued Oppos, I found their general playback features to be in line with those greatly missed players, and both provided excellent overall video performance. I look forward to the company refining both models via those promised firmware updates, but in the meantime, shiny disc enthusiasts would be hard-pressed to find better playback options than these new offerings.
From what I’ve seen, the X100 offers up some of the absolute best image quality available from players selling today and nicely fills in the void left by Oppo’s UDP-203 at its asking price. The overall feature-set and performance offered is very close to the UDP-203, making the X100 a great foundation for any high-performance home theater system.
Be informed of firmware updates
- REAVON logo is registered trademark of Groupe Archisoft, and used under license.
- The DVD logo is a trademark of DVD Format/Logo Licensing Corporation.
- ”Super Audio CD” is a trademark.
- DSD and the Direct Stream Digital logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
- ”x.v.Colour” is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
- Dolby, Dolby Surround, Dolby Vision, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
- For DTS patents, see http://patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS Licensing Limited. DTS, DTS-HD, the Symbol, DTS-HD in combination with the Symbol are registered trademarks or trademarks of DTS, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. © DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- The product with the Hi-Res Audio logo is conformed to Hi-Res Audio standard defined by Japan Audio Society. The logo is used under license from Japan Audio Society.
- Blu-ray Disc™, Blu-ray™, BD-LIVE™, BONUS VIEW™, Ultra HD Blu-ray™ word marks and logos are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
- ULTRA HD PREMIUM™ logo is a trademark or registered trademark of the UHD Alliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
(Note: Specifications and design subject to change without notice.)